Monday, January 2, 2017

Temporary change of Job

I have been learning a lot under James' tutelage in regard to my flying. I have been enjoying the learning process although the learning curve is quite steep. It is a blessing that there are many people that are responding to the needs here in Guyana. We have 2 more pilots making a total of 4, working down here, however three of us are new in terms of flying here in Guyana and we each have to have a proficiency check out in the country with only one pilot (James) that can perform that proficiency check. That process may take 40+ hours in country. James needs one of us flying on our own as soon as possible.
It makes the most sense for James to focus on training one pilot, so it will take less time than to try and get all of us trained at the same time. Chris Eno is focusing on getting the maintenance program up and going in Bethany. Because Laura, Kathryn and I have our tickets to go back to the states in the middle of March it means that by the time I would be ready to take my proficancy test, and work on my own, it would be time for us to leave and James still wouldn't have the help he needs. We have opted for me to teach school for the next 3 months as Paruima Mission Academy is needing several teachers for this next semester, and that allows James to focus on training Lincoln. Lincoln is a Guyanese Amerindian who completed his Private Pilot's License and Instrument training in Bolivia with our missionaries serving there.

At this point it looks like I will be teaching science to Form I &II students. Form I is basically 7th Grade. I may be able to do some short shuttle flights now and then to keep up the skills. On days that I don't have to teach I'll be working on maintenance projects and working on the pilot house site at the north end of the runway.

We are definitely coveting your prayers as I try to learn how to teach 7th & 8th graders.

No comments:

Post a Comment