Thursday, June 16, 2016

FINALLY Instrument rating Complete!!!!!


Heading out to Jones Riverside to take the exam
We did it!!!! YOU did it, the LORD did it! Edwin now has his instrument rating! Happy dance! Big sigh of relief!

Just a few weeks ago it still seemed so far off, like it might never happen. I am ashamed of how weak my faith was at times. Waiting, and waiting and waiting was the hardest part for me.

Thanks to your generous support, Edwin has been able to focus all his energies on his flight training. Thank you!

Thanks to Edwin's parents, Bryant and Joy Davidson, for the use of their airplane for these last three years and helping keep the airplane flying. They graciously provided a roof over our heads for most of the training process, and helped with keeping us fed. We couldn't have done it without them.

The weather has been quite the complication at times. The Lord provided on test day by lifting the clouds and holding the storms back. And now the summer heat has hit, we are praising the Lord that Edwin was able to take his test right when he did. We can always trust the Lords timing, even when it makes no sense to us.

Have you ever wanted something and worked for something for years? "Pleasure occurs when an intense need is satisfied." Dr. James Dobson. We have worked so hard, sacrificed so much, prayed so long for this. The happiness I felt Monday night almost rivaled our wedding day and Kathryn's birth. I cried tears of happiness. It feels like I have wings on my feet! The Lord got us through the valley and brought us to the mountain top. Our faith has been strengthened for the next valley experience that the Lord has prepared for us.

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

~Laura


What a journey these last three years have been. We moved here to Oklahoma June 2 of 2013, to complete my instrument rating. I finally took my instrument rating check-ride June 13 2016. Through many speed bumps, hurtles, employment hiccups, uncooperative weather, and uncooperative avionics, I now have the instrument rating and a total of 295 hours flight experience. We are so grateful to God for the call that started us on this path and for the faith bolstering experience it has been. We are thankful for all your prayers, encouragement, and support on our behalf as we navigated this course. The Designated Pilot Examiner said when he handed me my new certificate; “Congratulations you’ve just completed the most difficult pilot rating. It is difficult because it is hard.”

~Edwin
Where I have been taking Lessons this past year.


2 hours of questioning.
PreFlight before the practical phase of the test.
"What?! Me nervous???"
YAY!!!! Finally I have an Instrument Rating!!!!!

Couldn't have done it without my patient Laura by my side.



No comments:

Post a Comment